NAMS Student Fellowship Awards
The NAMS Student Fellowship Awards are presented annually to outstanding graduate students in the membrane science and technology area. Preference will be given to students who have not received a NAMS Student Fellowship Award previously.
Each NAMS Student Fellowship Award will consist of a $500 award to the recipient, free registration to the 2018 NAMS Meeting, a free one-year membership in NAMS, a hotel room for the duration of the meeting at the conference hotel, and a commemorative plaque. All award recipients will give their oral presentation during a special award session at the 2018 NAMS Meeting.
Application materials (submitted as one electronic PDF file)
The following items must be submitted as a single PDF file or the application will be rejected:
- two-page resume describing the applicant's education (including undergraduate and graduate GPA, publications, and research experience),
- the title and abstract of the applicant's oral presentation for the upcoming NAMS meeting,
- two page description of the relevance of the applicant's research for membrane science and technology and the applicant's plans for the future,
- statement from the graduate advisor that the award funds will not be used as substitute for existing funding,
- nomination letter by the graduate advisor or a current member of NAMS; each graduate advisor may nominate only a single student for the NAMS Student Fellowship Award.
Application deadlines and review
Application packages must be received by January 12, 2018 per e-mail to Uwe Beuscher, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed by the NAMS Awards Committee. Award decisions will be made as soon as possible and before the deadline for abstract submission for the 2018 NAMS Meeting.
All Awards Committee votes will be independently tallied by the Tellers Committee. If one or more Tellers Committee members also are Awards Committee members, all such members will be replaced by Board appointees for the purpose of validating the results of award voting only.
We expect to provide up to 3 NAMS Student Fellowship Awards. Questions regarding the awards or application procedures should be addressed to:
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
100 Airport Road
Elkton, MD 21921